C.C.V.S. Mission Statement
CCVS consists of dedicated individuals committed to quality education that fosters life-long learning for all, through creative and challenging learning experiences.
We believe that:
- people are our most important resource;
- everything we do should contribute to learning and the pursuit of personal excellence;
- the acquisition of skills in language, the arts, mathematics and technology is fundamental;
- individual learning styles should be respected and accommodated;
- all individuals have a right to learn and work in a safe and clean environment;
- physical and emotional well-being must be promoted;
- the quality of life is enhanced by participation in a variety of cultural, artistic and physical experiences;
- an understanding and appreciation for the natural environment and respect for its preservation must be promoted;
- cooperative partnerships and relationships foster mutual respect and contribute to the growth of the individual and the community;
- respect for diversity strengthens society;
- effective, open and honest communication is essential;
- individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions; and
- education is a shared responsibility.
CCVS is committed to providing the resources needed to transform this Mission Statement and these fundamental beliefs into action within the context of growth, change, competing demands, fiscal responsibilities and public accountability.