The Upper Canada District School Board (UCDSB) invites you to register your child in one of our quality, caring schools.
When you register online through My Family Room, you receive 24/7 access to all electronic services related to your child. Click here to learn more.
You can also register your child by phone or in-person by visiting your local UCDSB school. All of our school offices will be open August 26, 2016.
**To view Kindergarten Information Days, Welcome to Kindergarten events, and Grades 7 and 9 Information Days, please view the menu at left.**
Student Registration FAQ:
1. When should I register my child for kindergarten?
If your child will be 4 or 5 years old by December 31, 2016, then it’s time to register.
2. Will you be hosting an information session so I can learn about the school before making a decision to register?
Yes! All UCDSB elementary and secondary schools host information sessions for parents and students.
At the Kindergarten Information Days, you will learn about our:
· Full-Time Kindergarten
· Play-Based Learning in Kindergarten Classrooms
· Quality Academic Programs in a Caring Environment
· French Programming in All Schools
· Opportunities in the Arts and Athletics
· Wi-Fi and Enhanced Technology in All Schools (i.e. iPads, SMART Boards, etc.)
· Before and After School Opportunities
For Kindergarten Information Day dates and times, please CLICK HERE.
At the Grades 7 & 9 Information Days, you will learn about our:
· Quality Academic Programs that Inspire Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving Skills, Collaboration and Creativity
· Opportunities in the Arts, French Immersion and Athletics
· Innovative Schools that Connect Student Learning with Technology
· Specialist High Skills Major Programs
· Equity and Inclusion Initiatives
· Aboriginal Education
· Peer Mentoring and Leadership Development Opportunities
· Adult, Alternative & Continuing Education
For Grades 7 & 9 Information Day dates and times, please CLICK HERE.
3. What information do I need to register my child for school?
Whether coming into the school, or registering by phone or online, you will need to show us:
· Proof of child’s age (birth certificate or other government document with child’s age)
· Proof of immunizations (measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus and polio)
· Proof of residency in Ontario
New Mandatory Vaccines required as of July 1, 2014 (whooping cough, chickenpox, meningococcal disease)
For more information on the new mandatory vaccines, as well as updated dosages required, please contact www.ontario.ca/vaccines.
4. How do I find my community school?
To find the school your child is eligible to attend, based on your address, please go to the STEO Bus Planner site.
5. Does my community school offer before and after school care?
For a listing of schools that currently offer Before and After School Care (at a cost to parents), please download the document called "Daycare Provider Information" at right.
6. Which schools offer French Immersion?
For a listing of schools that currently offer French Immersion, please visit the French as a Second Language page.