Frequently Asked Questions
Date: February 9, 2012
What is my e-mail address?
Your e-mail address will now be in the following format: email@example.com
How was my e-mail address name determined?
1. E-mail address is based on your name recorded at your school
2. If you have the same name as another student, you may have a number at the end of your name in your e-mail address, i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is not correct in my e-mail address, what do I do?
Tell your teacher that your name is not correct in your e-mail address. Your teacher can check with office staff to ensure it is recorded correctly in our system.
How do I connect to the wireless network at my school?
1. View available wireless networks from the wireless settings on your device
2. Select the network entitled "UCDSB Wireless Network", and click on the Connect button
3. You will be prompted to enter a network key. The key is ucdsbwireless (please note that the key is all lowercase letters)
4. If you have entered the key correctly, the status of the wireless connection should change to "Connected"
How do I access my account from school?
1. To access your My UCDSB account from school, open Internet Explorer
2. Your default home page has been changed to the My UCDSB
3. The single sign-on process to automatically direct you to your e-mail inbox
How do I access my account from home or on a personal device?
1. Enter the URL address "my.ucdsb.ca" into your browser. You can also access the service by click on the My UCDSB button on our corporate Web site homepage (www.ucdsb.on.ca).
2. Enter your student number and school password to sign-in.
How do I send an e-mail my entire class?
To e-mail your class, please visit the support documentation by clicking HERE
How do I send an e-mail to my teacher?
To e-mail your teacher, please visit the support documentation by clicking HERE
How much e-mail storage space is provided?
Your inbox offers 10 GB of storage. This will provide you with plenty of space to store e-mail messages containing attachments such as pictures, videos, and other documents.
What is the maximum size for a message (including attachments)?
The maximum size for each message you can send is 20 MB. Each message may include up to 125 attachments which do not exceed 20 MB combined.
How much storage space is available through SkyDrive?
Your SkyDrive quota is 25 GB. To check your SkyDrive usage and quota, click on the SkyDrive button at the top of the page. On the left-hand side, you'll find a line with information like this: 23.45 GB available out of 25 GB.
How do I get my e-mail on my mobile device?
To set up your My UCDSB account on a mobile device using ActiveSync, please visit the support documentation available at the following link:
Can I still access my SMail account?
Students will continue to have access to their SMail accounts until the end of this school year. Students will also have the ability to forward any existing content to their new My UCDSB accounts. As of February 9th, all new incoming messages received to existing SMail accounts will be automatically forwarded to My UCDSB accounts.
Can I forward my student e-mail to another address?
To forward your My UCDSB e-mails to another e-mail account, please visit the support documentation by clicking HERE
How do I share documents on My SkyDrive?
To share documents using My SkyDrive, please visit the support documentation by clicking HERE
How do I create and edit documents using My SkyDrive?
To create and edit documents using My SkyDrive, please visit the support documentation by clicking HERE
How do I instant message my friends
To instant message your friends, please visit the support documentation by clicking HERE
How can I create a personal distribution list to e-mail a group of friends?
To create a personal distribution list to e-mail a group of friends, please visit the support documentation by clicking HERE