Skip To Content
Stormont County School Information

Information on Historical Schools in Stormont County.

This table shows the current schools in the Stormont area at the top and the past schools/schoolhouses below. The table contains information regarding: the school name, location/township, closing date, and the location that students went to after the school/schoolhouse closed. Schools that include a historic photograph are underlined. Click the underlined school name to see the photograph. To see the complete collection of photos, please look through the gallery listed on the sidebar.

Legend-Stormont

  • N-North
  • S-South
  • E-East
  • W-West
  • Twp.-Township
  • Bd.-Board
  • S.S. No.-School Section Number
  • RTSA 1-Roxborough Township School Area No. 1/RTSA 2- Roxborough Township School Area No. 2
  • OTSA-Osnabruck Township School Area
  • FTSA-Finch Township School Area
  • CTSA-Cornwall Township School Area

 

SCHOOL NAME

LOCATION/ TOWNSHIP

CLOSING DATE

WHERE STUDENTS WENT

S.S. No. 1 Strathmore School

Registered on the mid part of lot 4 Conc. 1 (N of road)

Stormont

1956

School section joined RTSA#1 in 1949


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 2 Pidgeon Hill

On S part of lot 1 Conc. 3


Stormont

1956

School section joined RTSA#1 in 1949


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 3

Registered on the upper south part of lot 4 Conc. 4 (N of the road)


School was moved to Moose Creek (lot 1 part of lot 18 Conc. 7, Valley St.)


Stormont

Closed temporarily in 1942, permanently in 1944

School section joined RTSA#2 in 1949


Maxville Public School (after 1956)

S.S. No. 4

Registered on the N part of lot 4 Conc. 5


Stormont

1966

School section joined RTSA#2 in 1948


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 5 Mc Donald’s Grove School

1st school on the SW corner of lot 3 Conc. 8


New school built on the SE corner lot 2 Conc. 8


School moved to Moose Creek (S side McLean Rd., part of lot 18 Conc. 7)


Stormont

1959

School section joined RTSA#2 in 1948


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 6 Sandringham School

Registered on the SE corner of E1/2 lot 7 Conc. 9


Stormont

1966

School section joined RTSA#2 in 1949


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 8 Gravel Hill School

Registered near the SW corner of the SW1/2 of lot 12 Conc. 4


Stormont

1960

 

School section joined RTSA#2 in 1949


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 7

Registered on the SW corner of W1/2 lot 12 Conc. 2


Stormont

1956

School section joined RTSA#1 in 1949


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 9

Registered on the mid part of the NE1/2 of lot 13 Conc. 7

Stormont

1959

School section joined in the formation of RTSA#2 in 1948


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 10

Registered near the SW corner of the SW part of lot 30 Conc. 2


Stormont

1950

School section joined RTSA#1 in 1949


Maxville Public School (after 1956)

S.S. No. 11 Tolmies Corners

Registered in the SW corner of lot 18 Conc. 6


Stormont

1966

 

School section joined RTSA#2 in 1949


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 12 (Moose Creek School)

Lot No. 16 Plan 66 (part of lot 20 Conc. 7)


Stormont

1966

 

School section joined in the formation of RTSA#2 in 1948


Roxmore Public School


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 13 Sugar Stick School

1st school on the SW corner of the SW part of lot 30 Conc. 2 (W of S.S. No. 10)


Relocated to Hough farm (N of the SE corner E
1/2 lot 36 Conc. 2)


Stormont

1949

School section joined in the formation RTSA#1 in 1948


Maxville Public School (after 1956)

S.S. No. 14 Avonmore

Registered on the E1/2 of lot 30 Conc. 3 (front part)


Stormont

 

1968-1970

 

School section joined in the formation of RTSA #1 in 1948


Roxmore Public School

Roxborough Continuation School/Avonmore High School

Lot 31 Conc. 3 (corner of Augustus and Beverly Streets, Avonmore)


Stormont

1957

School joined the Stormont District High School board in 1949 (Aultsville, Wales and Finch High schools)


Became North Stormont D.H.S. board when other schools closed


Tagwi Secondary School

S.S. No. 15 Lodi School

Registered on the NW corner lot 30 Conc. 5


Stormont

1958

School section joined RTSA#1 in 1949


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 16

Registered on the mid E1/4 of lot 31 Conc. 7


Stormont

1959

School section joined RTSA#2 in 1949


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 17

Registered on the NE1/2 lot 31 Conc. 4 (W side of the Avonmore Rd.)


Stormont

1950

School section joined in the formation of  RTSA#1 in 1948


Maxville Public School (after 1956)

S.S. No. 18

Registered on the SW corner of the W1/2 lot 24 Conc. 3


Stormont

1947

School section joined in the formation RTSA#1 in 1948


Maxville Public School (after 1956)

S.S. No. 19 Monkland P.S.

Highway #43

School site on lots 17, 18, 19 in the Monklands Concession


Stormont

1981

School section joined RTSA#1 in 1949


Roxmore Public School

S.S. No. 21 Dyer School

SW corner lot 9 Conc. 7


Stormont

1949

School section joined in the formation of RTSA#1 in 1948


Maxville Public School (after 1956)

S.S. No. 19 Roxborough

Roxborough


Stormont

1969

Roxmore Public School


Maxville Public School

S.S. No. 1 Dickinson’s Landing

S part of E1/2 lot 7 Conc. 1

Registered on the S part of E1/2 of lot 8 Conc. 1


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in its formation in 1944

S.S. No. 3 Farran’s Point

Registered on Village lots 128, 129, 128 and 139 (part of lot 25 Conc. 1)


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in 1944


Rothwell Osnabruck 

S.S. No. 2 Santa Cruz

Registered on the S part W1/2 lot 15 Conc. 1


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in its formation in 1944


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 4 Aultsville (Aultsville High School)

Registered on lots 32 and 33 Conc. 1: E1/2 and W1/2 of lot 32, E1/2 of lot 33


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Osnabruck District Highschool


Rothwell Osnabruck (name changed)

S.S. No. 5 Wales

Registered on the E1/2lot 6 Conc. 1 (just S of the Conc. 2 Rd.)


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in its formation in 1944


Rothwell Osnabruck

Rothwell Public School (Ingleside)

Corner of College St. and Farran Dr. (part of lot 20 Conc. 2) in the Village of Ingleside


Stormont

Rothwell Osnabruck

Osnabruck District High School

Beside Rothwell P.S.;

Ingleside


Stormont

Rothwell Osnabruck

Rothwell Osnabruck

2 schools are joined, 1 College Street Ingleside

Stormont

1 College St., Ingleside, ON K0C 1M0

September 2017 (Grades 7-12)

Tagwi Secondary School


Seaway District High School


Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School

S.S. No. 6 Upper Second School

Registered on the NW corner of the W1/2 lot 12 Conc. 1


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in its formation in 1944


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 7 Shaver School

Registered on the E1/2 lot 31 Conc. 2 (S side of Conc. 2 Rd.)


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 8 (and 14 Finch) Sandtown School

Registered on lot 22 Conc. 8 (N side of the road)


Stormont

1959

 

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Chesterville Public School (after 1963)

S.S. No. 9 Lunenburg

Registered on part of the E1/2 lot 7 Conc. 3 (S of NE corner)


Lunenburg

Stormont

1960

 

School section joined the OTSA in its formation in 1944


Longue Sault Public School (after 1958)

S.S. No. 10 Third Concession School

Registered on lot 19 Conc. 3 (W of the SE corner)


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in 1945


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 11 Dafoe School

Registered on lot 31 Conc. 3 (N part of the E1/2 of the W1/2)


Original school was on lot 33 Conc. 3


Stormont

1958

 

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 12 Osnabruck Centre

Registered near the NE corner of lot 18 Conc. 3


Stormont

1960

 

School section joined the OTSA in 1945


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 13 Pleasant Valley School

Registered on the E1/2 lot 25 Conc. 4 (S of the NE corner)


Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 14 (and 2 Williamsburg) Gallingertown School

Registered on lot 35 Conc. 4 (S of the NW corner)


Stormont

1959

 

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 15 North Lunenburg

Registered on lot 7 Conc. 4 (E of the NW corner)


Lunenburg

Stormont

1957

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 18 North Valley School

Registered on the SE corner of the E1/2 lot 23 Conc. 6


Stormont

1959

 

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 16 Hanes School

E1/2 lot 15 Conc. 5 (N side of road)


Stormont

1949

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Newington on Mill St.


Roxmore Public School (after 1968)


Rothwell Osnabruck (after 1957)

S.S. No. 17 Dixon School

Registered on part of S part of the W1/2 lot 6 Conc. 6


Stormont

1959

 

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 19 Newington Public School

1st school: S side of the road E of the village (lot 5 Conc. 8)


2
nd school: Lot 6 (W1/2) Conc. 8 (N side of the road)


Newington


Stormont

June 2004

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Roxmore Public School


Tagwi Secondary School (7-8)

S.S. No. 20 Rutley School

Registered on the S side W of the E side lot 17 Conc. 8


Stormont

1959

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

S.S. No. 21

W end of village of Dickinson’s Landing


Stormont

Pre-1911

Rothwell Osnabruck (after 1957)

S.S. No. 22 Bush Glen School

Registered S of the NE corner lot 31 Conc. 6


Stormont

1950

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Chesterville Public School (after 1963)

S.S. No. 23 7th Concession School

SE1/2 lot 8 Conc. 7 (N side of the road)


Stormont

1957

 

School section joined the OTSA in 1949


Rothwell Osnabruck

U24A Cornwall

Cornwall Township


Stormont

1950

School section joined the OTSA in 1946


Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

S.S. No. 1 Cameron School

Registered E of the SW corner lot 21 Conc. 4


Stormont

1961

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


Winchester Public School


Nationview Public School (after 1971)

S.S. No. 2 St. Lukes

Finch

Registered on the SW corner lot 19 Conc. 2


Stormont

1963

Roxmore Public School (after 1968)

S.S. No. 3 Village of Finch (Fleming School, North Stormont District High School)

1st school: 1/2mile W of the village

S part of lot 13 Conc. 3


Stormont

1974

 

Public school joined the FTSA in 1950


Roxmore Public School (after 1968)

S.S. No. 4 Berwick

Originally on the NW corner lot 14 Conc. 5


New school for town was on the W side lot 14 Conc. 6


Stormont

1965

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


North Stormont Public School

S.S. No. 5 Crysler

Registered N of the SW corner lot 12 Conc. 10


Stormont

1950

 

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


North Stormont Public School (after 1965)

S.S. No. 6 Cannamore (U.S.S. 6 Finch and Winchester)

1st school: Lot 1 Conc. 11 (N of the SW corner)

New school: Lot 3 Conc. 11 (W of the SE corner)


Stormont

1962

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


North
Stormont Public School (after 1965)

S.S. No. 7 McDonald School

1st school: Lot 1 Conc. 2

2nd school: E1/2 lot 3 Conc. 1


Stormont

1961

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


North Stormont Public School (after 1965)

S.S. No. 8 Ashburn School (Glen Payne)

Registered on the SW corner lot 17 Conc. 8


Stormont

1953

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


North Stormont Public School (after 1965)

S.S. No. 9 Hume School

Registered on the NW corner lot 20 Conc. 5


Stormont

1961

School section joined the FTSA in 1951


Chesterville Public School (after 1963)

S.S. No. 10 Connaught School

Lot 1 Conc. 6 (N part of E1/2)


Stormont

1958

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


Chesterville Public School (after 1963)

S.S. No. 11 Goldfield School

Registered on the SE corner of the N1/2 of lot 6 Conc. 3


Stormont

1965

School section joined the FTSA in 1958


Chesterville Public School

S.S. No. 12

Registered on the E part lot 18 Conc. 10 (SE corner)


Stormont

After 1925

Never joined FTSA

S.S. No. 13 Cahore School

Registered on the N part of lot 5 Conc. 8 (E side of road)


Stormont

1959

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


North Stormont Public School (after 1965)

S.S. No. 15 The Island School

Lot 22 Conc. 8 (N side)


Stormont

1946

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


North Stormont Public School (after 1965)

S.S. No. 16

Cambridge Township, Russell County at St. Albert’s


Stormont

Cambridge Public School (after 1989)

S.S. No. 18 Riverside School

Registered near the NE corner of the W1/2 lot 7 Conc. 5


Stormont

1965

School section joined in the formation of the FTSA in 1949


North Stormont Public School

Finch Public School

Finch


Stormont

1970

North Stormont Public School

 

School section joined the CTSA in 1955 and the Cornwall Public School Board in 1957

 

 

S.S. No. 1 East Front (East Front Public School)

1810 Montreal Rd, Cornwall, ON K6H 1G2

Lot 1 Conc. 1 (N side of Montreal Rd.)


Stormont


Cornwall

June 29 2016 (Last day for students)

School section joined the CTSA in 1949 and the Cornwall Public School Board in 1957


Bridgewood Public School

S.S. No. 2 West Front

Registered on lot 15 Conc. 1 2nd R (Conc. 2. S side Second St. in Cornwall)


Stormont

Cornwall

1978

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949 and the Cornwall Public School Board in 1957


Viscount Alexander Public School

S.S. No. 2a Vincent Massey Public School (Kinsmen/Vincent Massey School)

1520 Cumberland St. Cornwall (once part of lot 11 Conc. 2)


Stormont


Cornwall

2012

School section joined the CTSA in 1955 and the Cornwall Public School Board in 1957


Central Public School

S.S. No. 3 (&9) Gladstone Public School

Registered on the S part E1/2 lot 21 Conc. 2 3rd R. (Conc. 3)


Replaced by a new school on Baldwin St. (part of lot 7 Conc. 1)


Stormont


Cornwall

2016

School section joined the CTSA in 1949 and the Cornwall Public School Board in 1957


Bridgewood Public School

S.S. No. 4 Milles Roches

Registered on the mid W side of lot 26 Conc. 1 3rd R. (Conc. 3)


Stormont


Cornwall

1957

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Longue Sault Public School (after 1958)

S.S. No. 5 Moulinette

W1/2 lot 31 Conc. 1 4th R. (Conc. 4)


Stormont


Cornwall

1957 (registers until 1959)

School section joined the CTSA in 1949


Longue Sault Public School (after 1958)

S.S. No. 6 Sheik’s Island School

Registered on lot 4 (N end) on Sheik’s Island


Stormont


Cornwall

1949

School section joined the CTSA in 1950


Milles Roches


Longue Sault Public School (after 1958)

S.S. No. 7 Track Road School

Registered on the S part W1/2 lot 3 Conc. 2


Stormont


Cornwall

1950

School section joined the CTSA in 1949


Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

S.S. No. 8 Tollgate Road School

Registered on the SW corner lot 8 Conc. 3


Stormont


Cornwall

Around 1960

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949 and the Cornwall Public School Board in 1957


Viscount Alexander Public School

S.S. No. 10 South Branch School

Grant’s Corner’s School

Registered on the SE corner of the E1/2 lot 3 Conc. 4


Stormont


Cornwall

1959,
1968 Cornwall website

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Eamer’s Corners Public School

St. Andrews Rd. School

Portables on lot 11 Conc. 4

Stormont


Cornwall

1963

Eamer’s Corners Public School

John Sandfield MacDonald

Stormont


Cornwall

June 1981

Eamer’s Corners Public School

S.S. No. 12 Cornwall Centre School

Registered E of the SW corner W1/2 lot 17 Conc. 3 4th R. (Conc. 4)


Stormont


Cornwall

1959

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Eamer’s Corners Public School

S.S. No. 13 Post Road School

Mid E side E1/2 lot 25 Conc. 3 5th R. (Conc. 5)


Stormont


Cornwall

1947

School section joined the CTSA in 1950


Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

S.S. No. 14

Lot 33 Conc. 1 4th R.


Stormont


Cornwall

1949

School section joined the CTSA in 1950


Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

S.S. No. 15 Island School

1st school: Lot 3 Conc. 5


2nd school: Registered on the E1/2 of lot 2 Conc. 5 (just N of highway #18)


Stormont


Cornwall

1959

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Viscount Alexander Public School

S.S. No. 16

W1/2 lot 12 Conc. 5 (S of NW corner)


Stormont


Cornwall

By 1885

Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

S.S. No. 18 Harrison’s Corners School

Registered on the E1/2 lot 32 Conc. 7 (S side Highway #18)


Stormont


Cornwall

1961

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Longue Sault Public School

S.S. No. 17

Registered on the E1/2 lot 22 Conc. 6 (N side of Highway #18)


Stormont


Cornwall

Around 1904

Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

S.S. No. 19 Upper Eighth School

Registered on the W1/2 of lot 35 Conc. 8 (N side of road)


Stormont


Cornwall

1952

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Eamer’s Corners Public School

S.S. No. 21 North Branch School

Registered on the E1/2 lot D Conc. 7 (N side of road)


Stormont


Cornwall

1954

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Eamer’s Corners Public School

S.S. No. 20 Lower Eighth School

Registered on the E1/2 of lot 25 Conc. 8 (SW corner of the intersection)


Stormont


Cornwall

1950

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

S.S. No. 22 Bonville Public School

Registered on the W1/2 lot 11 Conc. 8 (SW corner)


Stormont


Cornwall

1981

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

S.S. No. 23

E1/2 lot 15 Conc. 9 (N side of the road)


Stormont


Cornwall

Before 1935

Eamer’s Corners Public School

U.S.S. No. 24A Windfall School

Registered on lot 38 Conc. 6 (SE corner)


Stormont


Cornwall

1950

Osnabruck Twp


Longue Sault Public School (after 1958)

S.S. No. 25 Northfield School (Northfield Station)

Registered on the W3/4 lot 36 Conc. 9 (N side of road)


Stormont


Cornwall

1961

School section joined in the formation of CTSA in 1949


Longue Sault Public School

Sydney Street Public School

Cornwall

1979

Viscount Alexander Public School

Cornwall Centre School

North side of Cornwall Centre Road, east of Power Dam Drive


Cornwall                            

 

Eamer’s Corners Public School (after 1952)

General Vanier Intermediate School (Past: Secondary School)

Cumberland Street


Cornwall

June 2011

Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School

Memorial Park Public School

235 Third Street West


Cornwall

2006

Central Public School

 


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.